Is your Microsoft outlook application is running slowly. Do you have any difficulty while working with outlook application? If yes then you have come at the right place. Here you will appropriate solution on this problem. It true that when the size of outlook pst file increases then Outlook application starts working slowly. To solve slow outlook performance you need to reduce the size of pst file. Therefore, know how to split pst file by date. There are several ways by which you can split the pst file in smaller size such as split pst file by date, split pst file by year etc.
It is is also true that Microsoft outlook application does not have built-in function to split the .pst file into multiple pst file. But no need to worry some other option are available by which you can split the pst file by date. Such as you can take help of “Archive” option of outlook application. Know how to split the pst file in smaller size using the Archive function.
- First of all open outlook application select the .pst file
- Now you have to click on the Archive option on the file menu
- Now go to Archive dialog box and choose Archive this folder and all sub folders check box, and then click a folder from the list.
- Now in the Archive items older than drop-down box, click a date.
- Click Browse, specify a path and a file name for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
These are the methods by which you can split the pst file in smaller size. Apart from this you can also take help of best and effective third party split pst file software to split pst file by date. By the help of this utility you can easily split the pst file. After splitting the pst file the performance of Microsoft outlook application increased.